Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I MET ME TODAY

I could swear for the first time in my life i met me And she didn't stop to say hi She walked with that same i can't be bothered look in her eyes She walked with the same strong bold step And jeez, the chica scared me stiff I met me today, Not infront of the mirror like i usually do But i met a real, live breathing me I tried talking to her but she snubbed me Well, of late that has been the trend with this me I followed me around today, Watched me as i went about my daily tasks Some of the things this me did, scared me Others made me smile Yet still some brought tears to my eyes I watched me as i "chilled" with my friends Watched me on the phone with the boo I also watched me fight with my mum And decided this me needed a serious talking to Today, i looked into my eyes And saw the tears i tried hard to hide I saw the fear i tried to pretend does not exist And i hated me for being weak........ Today, i met me for the first time And i understood why I am me And what makes me up Today, i saw me walking down the street I saw the me I pretended does not exist And this me scares the hell out of me

2 comments:

  1. Watch it... ur beginning to write serious stuff like me! lol. love it. but then again, love u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking a step back to have a critical look at ourselves reveals good and bad. it is up to decide whether to move a step further or not at all.
    Me like

    ReplyDelete